Monday, November 10, 2014

THIS HOLIDAY ...


Every year, as the festive season approaches, I find myself reflecting on what it will hold for me. And just as last year, I’m yearning for something meaningful, peaceful and very far from the crazed madness this time of year seems to bring.  

For the first time in a very long time I will be having this funny thing called leave and I’m actually very puzzled as what to do with it and wondering how I am going to manage not being the studio and not being creatively overly stimulated every day. Though it’s a short period of time I’m actually weirdly nervous. However, I will take FULL advantage of it and have set a few “needs” and “wants” for this time off . . .

#1. A roadtrip – to nowhere or anywhere. With the wind in my hair and Forty Five by Bootstraps blaring from the speakers.
#2. Turn my phone off for a few hours a day and take in each moment
#3. Run into the ocean

#4. Get away from it all – even if only for an hour

So this festive season amongst it all, put your phone away, for a few days. Make some memories that no-one knows about and make some memories that are just yours.

No comments :

Post a Comment