Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Fine Line of Boasting


I enjoy sharing my triumphs, stories and opinions. I love that I have a story with many chapters, plots and sub plots. But I sometimes stop myself in my story telling tracks and wonder if it’s all coming across as one big gloat.

Is it really? Or is it that people are not comfortable with success stories and wonderful memories? It’s become somewhat challenging to find that fine line. Having to assess the situation and question how the receiver may perceive what I’m about to share. 

However, there’s another side to me which says “hell no,” I have worked dam hard to succeed, achieve and make my own story so why should I shy away from it? 

Why should anyone have to edit their storyline due to others insecurities or different story? Are people afraid to hear of others achievements and in turn out them on the boasting box?

Just a thought.

No comments :

Post a Comment