Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The DISMAY of NEGATIVITY


You know those people who just seem to complain about everything. From how hot or cold it is, to their never ending chronic weekly pain. Ok, some people have legitimate problems so they are excluded from this stero type. But I, much to my dismay, have become one of THOSE people. Ugh! No! Why! I have found myself hitting gloomy buttons about everything and it’s getting me down. I don’t like it. Not one bit.

I don’t know if it’s the perfect blend of long hours, an injured back, the excessive summer heat and unnecessary worrying . . . but it’s all got to come to a halt very quickly, otherwise I might just have to give myself a high five . . . in the face . . . with a chair (got to love em e-cards!) And though I am fully aware that I do have a lot going on – much of it self inflicted – and that I put high pressure on myself, what I have to be thankful for supersedes all of this and all the the complaints. That I have so much more than so many out there. I have my health, a roof over my head, food in my belly, and people who love and care for me. Doesn’t that count for SO much more – DUH! Well that’s a no brainer!

It took a text message to the one I love for me to see the so called light or have my clouds-parting in the sky moment (don’t you love those!). You have that reflection when you realize and wonder how it turned so quickly and how it damn well did. But I’m glad I did because I cannot even begin to imagine what I sound like expressing all those chit chatters of negativity. Ok, I guess I can as I hear my voice all day.

My philosophy is taking every situation and seeing something positive in it. Seeing that any complaint can be taken with a happy dose of positivity. That perhaps it’s not really as bad as you think. That someone out wishes they could be complaining that the air-con is too cold.

*She's a mess of gorgeous chaos, you can see it in her eyes*

No comments :

Post a Comment