Friday, October 25, 2013

IT'S A LONG WAY KINDA LOVE

I'm asked what it's like to be so far from the one I love . . . having a long distance relationship . . . keeping the balance . . . coping with the time difference. Is it hard? Yes! Is it lonely? Yes, most times. Is it worth it? Hell yes!

There are many days when I wonder how we have made it so far and how many months it'll be till we can be with each other again. Right now, we are both unsure when that will be due to factors out of our hands. But I know I could not have done it without him or with anyone else. It's a day by day coping, dying inside with my love being so far away. Same days it angers me that two people, so in love, who have been through so much, are torn apart.

But then there's a magnificent part of our relationship, as both a couple and friends, that would never have been discovered without the distance. We have opened the most marvelous and resourceful ways to communicate each day, even with a 6 hour time difference. I've learned so much about him, our connection and love, as well as myself. I've learned that the heart does grow fonder with distance but too -  that a heart really can hurt, physically and emotionally, from heart ache.

When the day does come that we are together again, I know that the smallest things - holding hands, Wednesday Sushi nights, rainy couch days, morning coffee in bed, trips to the farm - will all mean so much more.

Above all, I know I love someone with everything I have and I feel that more than ever in return. And no matter how long I have to wait, I will . . . because there is no and will never be no other love like this.

I love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment