Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TUESDAYS HONESTY - The Simple Things



After living in the USA for nearly 9 years, I’ve returned to my home country and will be here for the next couple months ahead. The transition has been very challenging, frustrating and sometimes a little sad as my heart belongs in and longs for Virginia. However, being here has brought on a wonderful sense of appreciation for the small things

Like that day, as I hung my laundry on the backyard wash line.* The warm winter breeze swept between the sheets, through my hair and I found myself pausing for just a brief second, appreciating the simple moment. Yes, there's been alot of waiting, limitations, questioning, negativity, unexplained delays and broken systems – but then there’s so much life, culture and passion here. And when I return to what I now call home, putting my clothes in the dryer will be a whole new experience and my manicured nails will be ever thankful. Wash line anyone?

For one minute, walk outside, stand there, in silence, look up at the sky, and contemplate how amazing life is.

LL*: Electricity is expensive here and in turn there is an immense awareness to use it wisely. Therefore many locals revert from using the dryer or will utilize local launderettes for their clothes drying needs. It's a whole new way of looking at laundry!

No comments :

Post a Comment