Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DHAM GIRL - Look at those calves

Unfortunately, we live in a society where there are very few of us who have good self image. If I could wave a magic wand, I would wish away ALL judgement toward people, but particularly by size or how they look.

I will not lie, I have never been 100% confident in the way I look but I have always tried to take care of myself and stay healthy. With my recent gym addiction, remember this post, I have begun slowly noticing my hard work and seeing my body evolve in a new way. 

So at one early morning workout, it came of great surprise when I looked at my reflection in the mirror to correct my squat form and the first thing that came to mind - DHAM GIRL, look at those calves!  

I have despised my gymnastic looking calves all my life. Thinking they are too muscular and knowing they could never fit into 90% of boots and skinnies. But for the first time in all my life, my calves and I have become friends. And this week, I walked out the house, in skinnies, unrolled, and with a beaming confidence. #selfgratification

As minor as this may seem, how wonderful it is to feel so good about something you never have. So find something splendid about yourself (and others), even the smallest thing, because we are all resplendent in our own way and deserve to feel confident and bright.


Hard work, even if slow, always pays off in the end.

No comments :

Post a Comment