Friday, September 13, 2013

FRIDAY 13 BLUES


I woke up this morning to a gloomy & chilly over-cast day. My first thought - no, Friday 13! I didn't make my 4:45 a.m. workout (need sleep SO desperately), my phone did not charge for some reason (human error aka LHC), my perfect cat eye on my right eye was a complete fail on the left, and I got into my car only to realize it was a little low on gas. Sigh. 

When I really think about it, the above are all really everyday mishaps but somehow on Friday the 13th - they seem amplified! I've always been a little suspicious (I thank my father), the usual - black cats, walking under ladders etc. But Friday the 13 for me is like a big bully who springs to the occasion every once in a while. I just want to hide from it. How absurd! It's just another day of the week associated with a number we continue to deem unworthy. Sorry #13!

But this Friday 13 will be different! I put on some bright and cheery clothing pieces (nothing like a Hello Kitty tee and neon pink tipped flats) and a positive smile to beat the Friday 13 blues. I will workout this evening, charge my phone, entertain the fact that my eyeliner is not exact on each side (it really is so minor #OCD), and full my gas tank! 

See, not so bad.  Happy Friday 13th all!


No comments :

Post a Comment